Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As a nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
The Hospitals of Providence East Campus opened in 2008 and is the only full-service hospital located in one of the most densely populated zip codes in the United States. The East Campus is part of the largest healthcare network in El Paso, TX, and is expanding from 108 to 218-beds to meet the needs of the community.
- Full-service 182-bed hospital featuring 6 neonatal intensive care beds, 24 intensive care unit beds, and a 38-bed ED including 8 fast track beds
- Established team has 4 physicians, 2 APPs, and a clinical performance nurse
- The ED covers code blue and the Sound Hospitalist team respond to their respective patient’s rapid responses
- No call
- .No procedures are required
- Open ICU co-managed with Intensivist backup support
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Texas, and 2+ years of acute care experience as a nurse practitioner is strongly preferred
Location & Lifestyle
El Paso is situated at the western tip of Texas, where Texas, New Mexico, & Old Mexico meet. It is the largest transnational metroplex in the world with over 1 million people and flawlessly blends American and Mexican cultures and traditions. El Paso’s warm, sunny climate and the Franklin Mountains provide the background to a young, culturally assorted populace that embraces the past and builds the city’s future. With a high quality of life, affordable housing, low crime rates, and minimal traffic congestion, it is home to more than 70 Fortune 500 companies and was recently named one of “The 10 Best Cities to Raise a Family in America”. El Paso offers exceptional public and private schools and is home to the University of Texas at El Paso as well as Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at El Paso. Nine state parks, two national parks, two national monuments, one national memorial, and a national forest are all within driving distance of El Paso! Open year-round, Franklin Mountains State Park is the largest urban park in the nation for recreation including hiking & mountain biking. The El Paso metro area has 16 golf courses to choose from and a favorite for local families, the El Paso Zoo!
- Level III Trauma Designation by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- THOP Circle of Excellence Award for excelling in the areas of patient, physician, and employee satisfaction, clinical quality, financial performance, and ability to perform consistently and approach challenges in innovative ways