Nocturnist Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (PT) – Alexandria, VA
To prospective nurse practitioner and physician assistant teammates,
I’m the medical director for the hospitalist program at Inova Alexandria Hospital in Alexandria, Virginia, about 15 minutes south of Washington, D.C. I’ve been a part of the Sound Physicians team for seven years and I’m proud of the hospital medicine practice we’ve built. We welcome interest from advanced practice providers (APPs) looking to make a career change. I’d like to share more about who we are and what we do — specifically about our people, practice, and purpose — as you consider your options:
- We’re a patient-centered team of 16 physicians and 4 APPs.
- Our clinical team members come from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds and go the extra mile with innovative ways to improve patient care.
- We’re collaborative within the team and with other departments. We feel comfortable sharing with and helping each other.
- I think of myself as a servant leader. My role is to support and advocate for the team. I personally invest in each one of my team members to ensure they’re achieving the right work-life balance.
- We’re very fortunate to have a site coordinator and clinical performance nurse who help us achieve great patient outcomes.
- Our consultants are top-notch. They support our mission by being great collaborators in patient care and over the years have become very close personally to our team.
- Inova Alexandria serves a disadvantaged population, which uniquely positions our team to take care of a diverse community and address health disparities.
- The hospital has a closed ICU with intensivist coverage. We’re looking for board-certified candidates who are comfortable caring for complex patients. Nurse practitioner and physician assistant candidates are welcome to apply.
- Our hospitalist team is part of the rapid response and code team, and we’re all certified in basic life support and advanced cardiovascular life support. No procedures are required.
- The ideal candidate will be able to cover between seven and eight night shifts per month. As a nocturnist APP on our hospitalist team, you’ll handle floor calls and an average of two admissions per night.
- We have weekly huddles and monthly team meetings as well as lunch-and-learns to keep the team abreast of what is going on in the field of medicine, at the hospital, and with Sound.
- We work in EPIC, with access to our own internal informatics platform.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- Our patients come first in all we do.
- I came to Sound for our leadership opportunities and have been well supported by our clinical and operational teams. I’ve stayed with Sound because I believe I can count on them to do the right thing.
- We value our partnership with the hospital, and our team participates regularly on hospital committees.
- The hospital supports our mission by providing a transitional care clinic so patients can follow through on their personal treatment plans once they are discharged.
- We value and support growth and development in our hospital medicine practice, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
Alexandria, Virginia, is known for its rich history, charming cobblestone streets, and well-preserved 18th-century architecture. The waterfront area of Alexandria provides beautiful views of the Potomac River and is a popular spot for recreation and dining. The city is known for its commitment to sustainability and has implemented various eco-friendly initiatives, including bike lanes, public transit options, and green building practices. Alexandria boasts a high standard of living, with a well-developed infrastructure, excellent schools, and a safe community, making it an attractive place for families.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. O. Famakinwa
Adult Hospitalist Medical Director