Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is one of the largest non-profit hospitals in Western New York and leads the nation in a number of service lines, as ranked by Healthgrades®, including cardiology, general surgery, intensive and critical care, orthopedics, and pulmonary disease. Mercy has been nationally recognized for quality and value and was awarded Top 100 Integrated Health Systems.
- 349-bed, community-based hospital
- An established team of 11 physicians, 8 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalists do not run codes; however, they are involved with the Rapid Response Team
- No call environment
- Closed ICU
- Procedures are not required
- Open to new grads; Board certified / board eligible in internal medicine or family medicine required
- H1b eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Buffalo is the largest city in the western U.S. It is known as a big city with small-town, positive energy! There are tons to do in this exciting city packed with activities such as continuous outdoor concerts, festivals, and waterfront venues. Buffalo is also known for its delicious food history to include world-famous Buffalo wings to the exciting trendy diverse, and delicious restaurants! The region also offers a short ride over to the breathtaking views of Niagara Falls!