Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is one of the largest non-profit hospitals in Western New York and leads the nation in a number of service lines, as ranked by Healthgrades®, including cardiology, general surgery, intensive and critical care, orthopedics, and pulmonary disease. Mercy has been nationally recognized for quality and value and was awarded Top 100 Integrated Health Systems.
- 349-bed, community-based, non-profit hospital
- Established team of 10 physicians, 8 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Full subspecialty backup – phenomenal cardiology, neurology, ER, interventional radiologist team, and more
- Hospitalist do not run codes; however, they are involved with the Rapid Response Team
- No call environment
- Closed ICU; No procedures required
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Other awards and recognitions of excellence include:
- American Heart Association/JACHO Comprehensive Stroke Center, one of 4 in New York State
- NYS Designated Stroke Center
- Stroke Gold plus Quality facility per the American Stroke Association/American Heart Association
- 5 Star Hospital for the treatment of Respiratory Failure
- Awarded Healthgrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award
- Awarded Healthgrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award
- Awarded received the American College of Cardiology Platinum Achievement Award
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Buffalo is the second-largest city in the state with a population of approximately 1.3 million in the surrounding metropolitan area. Residents of Western New York enjoy the cosmopolitan lifestyle of cities such as Buffalo and Niagara Falls, combined with the small-town character of quaint communities nestled into the surrounding countryside.
- Forbes named Buffalo one of the most affordable housing markets in the country
- Across the Peace Bridge from downtown Buffalo, Canada brings an international flair to the area, including the excitement of Toronto, a mere 90 minutes away
- Tons of delicious and diverse, trendy restaurants as well as a substantial music and arts scene
- Two professional sports teams (Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres) for the sports enthusiast