Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
CHRISTUS Ochsner St. Patrick Hospital is a short-term, acute care facility with a certified chest pain center, two cath labs, and a comprehensive stroke center. The hospital recently finalized a joint venture with Ochsner Healthcare System to bring telemedicine and cancer clinical trials to the Lake Charles region.
- 8 physician team with a clinical performance nurse
- 148-bed hospital
- No procedures required
- Co-managed ICU
- Meditech EMR
- Minimum of one year of recent acute care experience or recent completion of a family or internal medicine residency
- H1B and J1 eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Lake Charles, the fifth-largest incorporated city in Louisiana is considered a major center of petrochemical refining, gaming, and education, being home to McNeese State University and Sowela Technical Community College. Because of the many lakes and waterways throughout the area, metropolitan Lake Charles is often referred to as “The Lake Area.” Lake Charles has a strong Cajun culture because of its location in southern Louisiana. Many festivals are held in Lake Charles with the Louisiana Pirate Festival being the most popular. Four days filled with Cajun food, family fun, and festivities held at the beginning of May. Lake Charles is also home to several prominent museums and art galleries, and the city’s art scene has boomed in the past few years with a centralized focus on the sale of local art, the initiation of new arts events, and investment in downtown revitalization. With a rich cultural history and strong local flavor, a wide variety of activities and events to enjoy, and a thriving arts community, Lake Charles makes for an ideal place to live and work.