Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
CHRISTUS Ochsner St. Patrick Hospital is a short-term, acute care facility with a certified chest pain center, two cath labs, and a comprehensive stroke center. The hospital recently finalized a joint venture with Ochsner Healthcare System to bring telemedicine and cancer clinical trials to the Lake Charles region.
- Hospitalist team has 12 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 148-bed not for profit hospital
- No procedures required
- Co-managed ICU with Intensivist
- H1B and J1 eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Lake Charles, the fifth-largest incorporated city in Louisiana is considered a major center of petrochemical refining, gaming, and education, being home to McNeese State University and Sowela Technical Community College. Because of the many lakes and waterways throughout the area, metropolitan Lake Charles is often referred to as “The Lake Area.” Lake Charles has a strong Cajun culture because of its location in southern Louisiana. Many festivals are held in Lake Charles with the Louisiana Pirate Festival being the most popular. Four days filled with Cajun food, family fun, and festivities held at the beginning of May. Lake Charles is also home to several prominent museums and art galleries, and the city’s art scene has boomed in the past few years with a centralized focus on the sale of local art, the initiation of new arts events, and investment in downtown revitalization. With a rich cultural history and strong local flavor, a wide variety of activities and events to enjoy, and a thriving arts community, Lake Charles makes for an ideal place to live and work.