Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Ascension Via Christi, a part of Ascension, has a rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dating back more than 135 years. Today, Ascension Via Christi is the largest provider of healthcare services in Kansas. Ascension Via Christi serves Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through many doctors, hospitals, and health services.
- Ascension Via Christi St. Francis is a 360+ bed non-profit, tertiary hospital
- The team consists of 22 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- Open ICU with intensivists available for consultation
- No procedures; emergency procedures are performed by the code team or anesthesiologist
- ER runs codes
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Sound Physicians knows that the only way to achieve our vision of being “the unmatched leader in improving quality and lowering the cost of care in the communities we serve” is through the well-being of our people. We care about your peace of mind, and that comes from knowing that you are associating with an organization that cares about you.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Wichita, Kansas, recently ranked #1 most uniquely American City by Newsmax magazine, features countless activities and many exciting attractions that will make you proud to call Wichita, “home”. As the state’s largest city, Wichita is a culturally diverse community with attractions such as museums, galleries, opera, and ballet as well as recreational activities including private and public golf courses and sporting events. Wichita provides residents with affordability, short and easy commutes, and a high level of public safety for families. Wichita is also proud of its exceptional educational opportunities- attributes you simply can’t find in most metro areas.