Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
St. Mary’s Sacred Heart Hospital is an established community, not-for-profit hospital providing mission-driven, high-quality healthcare including surgical, critical care, and 24/7 emergency care.
- 60-bed hospital
- Team with 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- Procedures required; hospitalists respond to codes and basic vent management
- Internal or family medicine BE/BC with a minimum of one year of experience
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Enjoy the scenic beauty of northeast Georgia in Lavonia! I-85 intersects through the city, and provides an hour commute to Athens, GA, and is less than 2 hours from Atlanta. The area provides a stable economy with Gateway Industrial Park and several large manufacturers, including the cultural center and Historic Depot. Lavonia is known for tourism with beautiful Lake Harwell, one of the Southeast’s largest and popular recreation lakes, providing a wide variety of outdoor activities, camping, boating, fishing, hiking, swimming, and other water sports. Tugaloo and Victoria Bryant State Parks both border the area. Lavonia offers affordable living and good public and private school systems along with local colleges and universities, including Emmanuel College and the University of Georgia, Athens.