Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Piedmont Macon Medical Center is a 310-bed, Level II tertiary facility with teaching hospitalist service for IM residents from Mercer.
- Team of 9 physicians, 1 advanced practitioner, and a clinical performance nurse
- Closed ICU; 24/7 intensivists run codes
- No call
- Internal medicine physicians only
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
- Best of the Best 2019 as per Georgia Hospital Association Safety Leader Circle
- Recognized for Patient Safety Excellence Award as per Healthgrades 2020, 2021 & 2022
- Joint Commission Top Performer of Key Quality Measures
- Joint Commission certified in Stroke Rehab, Primary Stroke & COPD
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the heart of Georgia, Macon boasts a population of 230,000 and serves as home to several notable institutions, including Warner Robbins AFB, Mercer University, Middle GA State College, and Wesleyan College. While the city is conveniently located an hour and 15 minutes north of Atlanta, with its closest major airport, Macon itself houses a smaller commuter airport. Nestled in the midst of the state, Macon offers a plethora of outdoor attractions, such as the picturesque Amerson River Park, the enchanting Dickery Farm Orchards, and an extensive network of biking and hiking paths that wind through the historic downtown district and along the scenic Ocmulgee River. Kayaking enthusiasts will find solace in the popular river activities, with Ocmulgee Outdoor Expeditions offering exciting excursions. Macon embraces its natural surroundings, inviting residents and visitors to explore its captivating landscapes and enjoy a range of outdoor adventures.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance