Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- 255-bed acute care non-profit hospital
- Established team with 16 physicians, two advanced practice providers, and a clinical performance nurse
- Closed ICU with pulmonary/critical care back-up
- No procedures required
- Commencement bonus and relocation reimbursement available
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
What Matters to You
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located in Alexandria, Louisiana on the south bank of the Red River in almost the exact geographical center of the state. As Alexandria is on the cusp of the Cajun culture’s northern reach, the city recognizes Mardi Gras as an official holiday. The annual Mardi Gras Krewes Parade is a major cultural festivity in the area. Recognized as a truly family-oriented event, parade-goers can enjoy more than 20 New Orleans-style flats, marching bands, classic cars, and local celebrities. Alexandria continues to recognize its rich cultural history through other local festivals, including the annual Jazz on the River festival, which features Cajun, zydeco, blues, and jazz music, and the annual Central Louisiana Celebration, or “Cenlabration,” which features local musicians and craftsmen, carnival rides and a large fireworks display. With a rich cultural history and strong regional flavor and a wide variety of activities and festivals to enjoy, Alexandria makes for an ideal place to live and work.
Awards and Accolades
CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital has been awarded:
- 2019 “Top 10% in the Nation for Rehabilitation Services” by (UDS) Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation
- 2019 America’s Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery/ Women’s Choice Award
- 2019 America’s Best Hospitals for Cancer Care/ Women’s Choice Award
- 2019 Best Hospitals – Congestive Heart Failure/U.S. News and World Report
- 2018 “Top Performing Hospital” Oncology Clinical Outcomes
- 2018 Received “Innovation Network’s Top Performing Hospital” award by Health Insights Organization