Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- Join this established team of 24 physicians, 8 advanced practitioners, and three clinical performance nurses
- 241-bed, not for profit hospital
- No call
- No procedures required
- Open ICU with 24/7 intensivist on staff and excellent sub-specialty backup
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based upon performance
Location & Lifestyle
Named the “HUB” city, Lubbock’s growing economy, housing options, educational opportunity, and recreational amenities make it one of the most livable cities in Texas! Lubbock is a thriving city of over 230,000 people; A bustling metropolis with great music, shopping, and dining, Big 12 Conference sports, a vibrant arts community, and acclaimed medical facilities, Lubbock blends small-town charm with West Texas warmth and hospitality.
- Brick paved streets lead to an array of family attractions, quaint shops, specialty stores, award-winning golf courses, and over 30 lakes to enjoy year-round
- Lubbock ranks below average in cost of living and offers a diverse and strong job market
- Enjoy an average of 245 days of sunshine!
Awards and Accolades
For the second year in a row, U.S. News ranked Covenant Medical Center (CMC) as the Best Hospital in the Panhandle Plains region. U.S. News publishes the rankings to help patients decide where to best receive quality care across the country. CMC has also received other awards and recognitions such as:
- Ranked as one of the top 12 hospitals in the entire State of Texas
- The only hospital to receive Best Hospital ranking in Lubbock and the South Plains region
- Received special designation as High Performing1 in five procedures
- Healthgrades also awarded Covenant Medical Center with the most five-star ratings of any hospital in Lubbock and the region