Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Ascension Borgess Medical Center is a level 2 trauma center, a comprehensive stroke center, and is in the top 5 percent of U.S. hospitals, according to Healthgrades. They deliver specialty care including advanced heart care, cancer care, orthopedics, neurosciences, women’s health, and pediatric care. Borgess Medical Center is regionally ranked #13 in Michigan and recognized in Southwestern MI as High Performing in 8 procedures/conditions through US News.
- 330-bed, non-profit hospital
- Team of 16 physicians, 6 full-time advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Closed, 30-bed ICU
- Procedures are not required
- Rapid response team under critical care handles RRTs and codes
- Open to internal medicine-trained physicians with 2+ years of experience
- H1B eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Kalamazoo is in the southwest region of Michigan along the bank of a major bend in the Kalamazoo River and the broad Kalamazoo Valley. The city was once the home of the Hopewell Native Americans who had migrated to the area sometime before the first millennium. There is still evidence of the Hopewell civilization in the downtown area of Bronson Park. Kalamazoo is also home to the start of the Gibson Guitar Corporation, which produces some of the world’s finest quality guitars to this day. Western Michigan University resides within Kalamazoo, Michigan along with four other collegiate institutions. WMU is one of the 50 largest universities and is among the top 100 public schools in the nation. The culture of Kalamazoo is largely due to its college town atmosphere and has become an area for the arts where local artists are celebrated and festivals are held annually.