Hospitalist – Lubbock, TX
To our prospective teammates,
I am the medical director for Sound Physicians at the Covenant Health System in Lubbock, Texas. I have proudly been a part of the team for ten years and have been the medical director for eight years. I welcome interest from physicians coming out of training or looking to make a career change. I’d like to share more about who we are and what we do — specifically about our people, practice, and purpose — as you consider your next steps:
- Our team is culturally diverse, representing multiple nationalities and an equal balance of male and female members. We promote a caring environment, value each other’s well-being, and seamlessly collaborate across different hospital departments to achieve shared objectives.
- I aim to lead by example, prioritizing a sense of camaraderie among my direct reports. Emphasizing teamwork, I hold myself to the same standards I expect from my colleagues, valuing adaptability, openness for feedback, and a commitment to bettering our performance for the benefit of our patients.
- Our dedicated providers are committed to providing patient-centered care in collaboration with all stakeholders in a positive manner.
- Sound is focused on providing quality care in an equitable manner to the patients in the communities we serve, providing a structured and predictable work environment. My decision to pursue the medical director role was fueled by my aspiration to elevate the standard of care to a greater extent.
- The hospital operates as an open ICU with 977, of which we oversee 241.
- Our team comprises 24 physicians, and 8 APP hospitalist practices, following a schedule of 7 days on and 7 days off. We conduct geographic rounding and have dedicated admitters, one open ICU (CICU), and three closed ICUs. As a regional tertiary care medical center, we receive a large volume of transfers from a broad referral area, level 4 trauma center, and comprehensive stroke center.
- Responsibilities involve carrying the floor pager and collaborating with our nocturnist.
- ACLS certification is required.
- We utilize EPIC, which has access to our own internal informatics platform.
- Daytime Shift rate is $1600, Swing is $1706.67 and Night Shift of $1920
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- According to U.S. News & World Report’s 2021-2022 Best Hospital Rankings, Covenant Medical Center (CMC) has been honored as the Best Regional Hospital in the Northwestern Texas Region. CMC is listed as the 18th-best hospital in Texas.
- We accept internal and family medicine candidates (with two plus years of hospitalist experience).
- We do sponsor H1-B candidates.
- Many team members serve in various committees such as the medical executive, utilization management, quality review, sepsis, and stroke.
- Some providers serve as preceptors for internal medicine residents from Texas Tech University in Lubbock.
- We regularly gather monetary donations, contributing to a local children’s home.
- We manage a significant influx of patients from Eastern New Mexico and rural Texas communities, facing unique socioeconomic challenges that hinder access to healthcare. For these patients, we work closely with case management to ensure adequate care beyond that needed in the acute care setting.
- We operate as a well-organized team, providing updated systems, teaching tools, and educational programs facilitated by Sound.
- Patients are at the core of everything we do; their well-being is our top priority.
- Growth and development are hallmarks of Sound’s practices. Team members have opportunities for career advancement both locally and within our broader medical group.
- Our team is deeply committed to our community. We encourage team members to contribute within and outside the hospital to enhance the well-being of our local community.
Lubbock, Texas, is home to Texas Tech University and is known for its vibrant arts and cultural scene, including museums, music venues, and local events, providing a rich cultural experience.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Nicki Colbert
Hospitalist Medical Director Covenant Medical Center Lubbock
System Medical Director Monarch Region
(Covenant Lubbock, Plainview and Hobbs; NWTH Amarillo)