Through People, We Make a Difference
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
- Team of 6 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- No call environment
- Hospitalists respond to all code blue, rapid responses, brain alerts, and sepsis alerts
- 21-bed, open ICU; Intensivist consults available 24/7
- Procedures are not required
- Adjunct faculty appointment available if interested in teaching
- Schedule: Generally 7 on/7 off 7 am-7 pm; Opening is half day and half nights
- BC/BE in internal medicine is preferred, but open to an experienced family medicine trained hospitalist
Methodist Southlake and Methodist Northlake make up the two Methodist Hospitals. These two facilities are Northwest Indiana’s leaders in high-level, complex acute care. Here are a few of their many outstanding accomplishments:
- One of seventy-four cancer programs in the nation to receive the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer’s Outstanding Achievement Award
- Named one of America’s Best Breast Centers by the Women’s Choice Awards for four years in a row
- Their stroke program was first in NWI to be awarded the American Heart Association’s Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for Stroke
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Designated as a Diabetes Center of Excellence by the American Diabetes Association
- First Northwest Indiana hospital to earn Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with PCI from the American College of Cardiology
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located on the Indiana/Illinois border, just outside of the Chicagoland area, you will find the communities of Gary and Merrillville, Indiana. Located just 12 miles from each other, it is easy to work between both locations. Northwest Indiana is a great locale on Lake Michigan’s southern shore with its cities and towns offering a diverse range of lifestyles, with convenient access via train to downtown Chicago. The area offers a variety of housing, educational, and recreation opportunities along with a multitude of public and private schools.