Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
- 200-bed, not for profit hospital
- Established team with 6 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- No call environment
- Co-managed ICU; Procedure experience preferred
- Adjunct faculty appointment available if interested in teaching
- Internal medicine preferred, but open to an experienced family medicine trained hospitalist
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Methodist Southlake is one of two hospitals that make up Methodist Hospitals with Methodist Northlake located in Gary, IN. Methodist Hospitals is Northwest Indiana’s leader in high level, complex acute care, and has many outstanding accomplishments including:
- One of seventy-four cancer programs in the nation to receive the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer’s Outstanding Achievement Award
- Named one of America’s Best Breast Centers by the Women’s Choice Awards for four years in a row.
- Their stroke program was first in NWI to be awarded the American Heart Association’s Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for Stroke.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Designated as a Diabetes Center of Excellence by the American Diabetes Association
- First Northwest Indiana hospital to earn Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with PCI from the American College of Cardiology
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located on the Indiana/Illinois border, right outside of the Chicagoland area, you will find the community of Merrillville in Michigan’s Harbor Country. Northwest Indiana is a great locale on Lake Michigan’s southern shore with its cities and towns offering a diverse range of lifestyles, with convenient access via train to downtown Chicago. The area offers a variety of housing, educational, recreation opportunities along with a multitude of public and private schools are available.