Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas St. Elizabeth is a 431-bed acute care and trauma center and is a regional leader in spine and orthopedics, cardiology, oncology, general surgery, critical care and trauma, birthing, neonatal care, and bariatrics. As the largest Magnet hospital between Houston and Baton Rouge, CHRISTUS Southeast Texas St. Elizabeth offers a positive, patient-focused environment providing the highest level of care possible for the community.
- The hospitalist team has 9 physicians and a clinical performance nurse
- 431-bed acute care hospital and trauma center
- Open ICU
- No procedures
What Matters to You
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
ocated an hour and a half east of Houston, near the border of Louisiana, Beaumont, Texas is like no other place on earth. With dense forests, sandy beaches, and shallow wetlands, Southeast Texas is overflowing with outdoor recreation. Enjoy local botanical gardens and city parks or find adventure in the many hiking & biking locales that abound in Southeast Texas, such as the Big Thicket National Preserve. Beaumont and Southeast Texas have plenty of places to launch your boat or favorite watercraft and go for a ride. We’re surrounded by many bodies of water including the Neches River, the Sabine Causeway, the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, and many lakes and bayous.
Awards and Accolades
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas – St. Elizabeth is the only Level III Trauma Center in the area and nationally recognized physicians work at the forefront of research, clinical trials, treatment, and care. The team has the Stroke Honor Roll designation and the ‘Get With The Guidelines Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for Heart Failure Treatment from the American Heart and Stroke Association.
- Recipient of the 2013 Consumer Choice #1 Award for the ninth consecutive year from the National Research Corporation
- The Joint Commission’s (TJC) Gold Seal of Approval as a Primary Stroke Center
- TJC’s Gold Seal of Approval for Heart Failure Certification