Medicine Pediatrics Hospitalist
To prospective teammates,
I’m the System Medicine Pediatric Medical Director for Munson Healthcare, with our main hospital in Traverse City, Michigan. I have been a part of Sound Physicians for ten years. I’m proud of the combined adult and pediatric hospitalist practice we have built and welcome interest from combined internal medicine and pediatric physicians out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are a closely knit, established team of 30 physicians and 15 advanced practice providers (APPs), with the support of a clinical performance nurse. Nine of us are combined with internal medicine and pediatrics trained in various locations across our nation. We enjoy seeing adult and pediatric patients on the inpatient side of care.
- Within Munson Healthcare, we work closely with multiple adult specialties and partner with our local children’s hospitals to provide expert care to the pediatric patients of our region. We are the talk of the north, boasting a true combined practice of adult and pediatric hospital medicine, evidence-based and driven by a dedication to great patient care for all ages.
- Northern Michigan offers year-round outdoor activities, including hiking, swimming, cycling, downhill and cross-country skiing, sailing, and all the other great outdoor activities Northern Michigan has to offer. We also are spoiled with great restaurants, local festivals, and beautiful landscapes. You can live where others come on vacation.
- We proudly sponsor H1B candidates and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid, and services are covered by Sound.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working alongside adult specialties, and offer intermediate care for our pediatric patients. Our talents support our trauma and surgical services to provide excellent care across our region. We deliver pediatric care to our most rural hospitals with telehealth services.
- For those who like to teach, we work with medical students, APPs, and residents from the Munson Family Practice Center and Michigan State University – Corewell Health Internal Medicine and Pediatrics residency.
- We communicate regularly, share quality initiatives, including maintenance of certification projects, and convene at least quarterly with our region.
- We utilize a flexible schedule at Munson. We cover for each other when we’re out or simply need time away.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
More about our community: Traverse City, Michigan, is beloved for its stunning waterfront location along Lake Michigan, renowned cherry orchards, and vibrant cultural scene. Residents appreciate the city’s diverse culinary options, thriving arts community, and numerous outdoor activities, including the nearby Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, making it an attractive destination for those seeking a mix of natural beauty and cultural experiences.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Jacques-Brett Burgess, MD
Medicine Pediatric Medical Director