Medical Director of Anesthesia – Laredo, TX
To our prospective teammates,
I’m the regional medical director for Sound Physicians in the state of Texas and I’ve been a part of Sound for three years. We have a unique chief anesthesiologist opportunity in Laredo, TX, at the Laredo Medical Center. I’m proud of the anesthesia practice we’ve built and welcome interest from physicians coming out of training or looking to make a career change. I’d like to share more about who we are and what we do — specifically about our people, practice, and purpose — as you consider your options:
- We’re a closely knit, established team of 4 physicians and 11 CRNAs.
- Our team is comprised of clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds who lean on and learn from each other in their approach to patient care.
- We work as a family unit in busy situations which allows us to have a calm and collected approach to the care.
- Within the hospital, we work closely with our CRNA colleagues to provide the best anesthesia care possible for the Laredo community.
- Laredo is known for its vibrant cultural scene, which reflects its unique blend of Mexican and American heritage, as well as its affordable cost of living and proximity to the Rio Grande, offering recreational opportunities and scenic views.
- As a level III trauma center, our team covers general, OB/GYN, ortho, minor vascular, urology, neuro, and minimal healthy pediatrics.
- We run up to 8 points of service per day in addition to 2 OB suites.
- This is a 2 week on, 2 weeks off opportunity with call being off-site, giving you 26 weeks off annually.
- Approximately 12,000 cases run annually.
- $50,000 annual chief stipend + guaranteed salary.
- Since this is a 1099 position, no benefits are offered except malpractice fully covered by Sound including tail coverage.
- We put patients first. Always.
- We value and support growth and development in our anesthesia practice, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and support involvement and contributions to community health and wellness in and out of the hospital.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Jaspreet Singh, MD
Regional Medical Director