Hospitalist Medical Director – Missoula, MT
To prospective Medical Directors,
I am the medical director of Sound Physicians’ hospitalist team at Community Medical Center (CMC) in beautiful Missoula, Montana. I have been a part of Sound since 2017 and am proud of the hospital medicine practice we’ve built. The team and I welcome interest from physicians who have recently finished training or are looking for career growth. Our people, practice, and purpose are the foundation of building high-quality practices and I hope they inspire you to explore a position with us.
- We are a team of six physicians and two advanced practice providers, with the support of a clinical performance nurse. Currently, we have two physicians and one advanced practice provider (APP) rounding during the day, and a physician as a nocturnist.
- We have a dedicated team of Sound intensivists managing our ICU.
- We have a diverse group of physicians from all over the US who call Missoula their home and are an integral part of this lovely community.
- Our hospitalist team at CMC is the linchpin for the hospital and is involved in most of the hospital committees. We help with strategy and decision-making for our hospital partners.
- Living in Missoula, one cannot help but appreciate all nature has to offer. Our provider group enjoys fishing, hiking, and skiing among many other outdoor summer and winter activities.
- We proudly sponsor H1B and J1 visa candidates and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid and services are covered by Sound.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in a semi-open ICU with intensivist coverage during the day and tele-ICU coverage at night.
- The group convenes once a month for a team meeting. This helps us make all decisions in a collaborative fashion to best support the team.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or in the outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we are out.
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s medical practices, where teammates can expand their careers in Missoula or within the broader medical group.
- We are a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
To learn more, please contact my recruiting partner, Cindy Mitchum, who will contact me.
Regional Medical Director, Sound Physicians