Medical Director, Hospital Medicine – Lufkin, TX
Medical Director in Lufkin, TX
CHI St. Luke’s Health is a prominent healthcare system dedicated to providing high-quality medical services and compassionate care to communities across the United States. With a focus on holistic patient well-being, CHI St. Luke’s Health offers a wide range of medical specialties, cutting-edge technologies, and a skilled team of healthcare professionals. Renowned for its commitment to excellence, CHI St. Luke’s Health strives to enhance the health and lives of individuals through comprehensive medical care and community outreach programs.
- Established hospitalist team including 9 physicians, an APP, and a clinical performance nurse
- 271-bed non-profit hospital
- No procedures are required; RRTs and codes required
- Co-managed ICU
- J1 and H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services coverage
Hospital Awards and Recognitions
- Hospital Accreditation by Joint Commission
- Level 4 Trauma Center Designation by Texas Department of State Health Services
- Top Performing Rural Hospital Award
- Top Rural Hospital of Excellence for Safety & Quality Care
- Best Lufkin Hospital by The Lufkin Daily News
- Ranked in the Top 10% of the nation for COPD, Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage, and Orthopedic Care
- Excellence in Patient Satisfaction
- Recognized by the Texas Department of State Health Services for Exemplary Performance
Lufkin, Texas, is a vibrant city nestled in the heart of Angelina County, East Texas. Known for its warm hospitality and rich cultural heritage, Lufkin offers a perfect blend of small-town charm and modern amenities. The city is surrounded by lush piney woods, providing a picturesque backdrop for outdoor enthusiasts. Lufkin is home to various parks, including Ellen Trout Zoo and Crown Colony Country Club, where residents and visitors alike can enjoy recreational activities. The city also boasts a thriving arts scene, with local galleries and events showcasing the talent of the community. Lufkin embraces its history, evident in landmarks like the Texas Forestry Museum, offering insight into the region’s timber industry legacy. With a close-knit community and a welcoming atmosphere, Lufkin stands as a hidden gem in the Lone Star State.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.