Medical Director, Hospital Medicine
Seeking Medical Director for Established Hospitalist Program in Patchogue, New York
Sound Physicians is seeking a transformational leader with proven experience in building successful hospitalist teams. This candidate will have exceptional people skills and an ownership mentality. The position offers clinical shifts with dedicated administrative time. You would lead a team of clinicians, including nocturnists and APPs.
Long Island Community Hospital is very proud to have NYU Langone Health as its parent organization! Long Island Community Hospital has maintained a commitment to providing access to quality health care since its founding in 1956 serving the lives of more than 375,000 people. We provide care through a 306-bed acute-care hospital that’s part of a multidisciplinary, multi-campus, state-of-the-art healthcare complex, designed to meet the evolving needs of the 28 Suffolk County communities we serve. Long Island Community Hospital has a state-of-the-art cardiac care center (Knapp Cardiac Care Center). In addition, Long Island Community Hospital has acquired the former John J. Foley Nursing Rehabilitation Center from the County of Suffolk. We are home to some of the finest centers for specialized care along with a Level III Trauma Center/Emergency Room, two Community Behavioral / Chemical Dependency Health Centers in cooperation with Hudson River Health, and more.
- Lead a team of 12 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Internal Medicine residency program onsite; teaching required with potential for faculty appointment
- All major subspecialties represented; In house Psych – Medical consult occasionally needed
- Day hours: 7 am – 7 pm, Nocturnist hours: 7 pm – 7 am
- No procedures are required – No vents, no intubations, and no central lines
- No RRT participation; No codes; No call; No ICU admissions
- EMR – Sorian; EPIC dictation
Location and Lifestyle
East Patchogue is a hamlet in the town of Brookhaven, in Suffolk County, New York. With a population of roughly 21,000 residents, East Patchogue boasts picturesque beaches located on both its north and south shores and is conveniently located only 60 miles east of Manhattan and a short distance from the upscale beaches of the Hamptons. This family-friendly community is home to two excellent school districts, Patchogue Medford School District and South Country Central School District. The lifestyle typical of the area centers on village hubs, with a strong local community and neighborly small-town feel.
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth