Medical Director – Hospital Medicine
Hospitalist Leadership Opportunity at Memorial University Medical Center in Savannah, GA
Join the Sound Physicians team of hospitalists at the region’s only Level 1 trauma center, the region’s only children’s hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Highly recognized and awarded, Memorial Hospital has won several awards for clinical care and excellence in exceptional Patient Care, Cancer Care, and Heart and Vascular Care.
- 612 bed, academic, tertiary facility. Hospitalist teaching service with IM residents from Mercer
- An established team of 32 physicians, 7 advanced practitioners, and two clinical performance nurses
- Level I Trauma Center
- Full subspecialty support
- Closed ICU with 24/7 intensivist support; no procedures required
- Full specialty backup and support – cardiac unit recently expanded and a full pediatric hospitalist program
- Board certification in internal medicine
- ACLS/BLS certification is required
- Prior medical director experience preferred or 4+ years of hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
- Joint Commission certified excellence in Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging, Cancer Care, Colonoscopy and Endoscopy, Heart and Vascular Care, Joint Replacement and Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Spine Surgery, Stroke Rehab, Trauma Care & Women’s Health
- Joint Commission Top Performer of Key Quality Measures
- Earns 2020 awards from American Heart and Stroke Assoc.
- First healthcare system in GA to offer robotic-assisted bronchoscopy
Savannah, Georgia is a city diverse in culture and is located on the beautiful Georgia coast. The city offers a strong economy, good quality of living, and a wide spectrum of cultural and recreational activities. Savannah boasts a low cost of living, rich history, and an exciting food scene for a wonderful culinary experience with the riverfront being a popular place for dining and shopping at the various restaurants and shops that line the riverwalk. The area has beautiful coastal beaches, a warm temperate climate year-round, fishing, golf, boating, hiking, biking, and robust tourism to the area for its scenic beauty.
- Savannah is 20 minutes from the beach/Atlantic Ocean and 50 minutes to Hilton Head, SC
- Major employers in the area include Gulfstream Aerospace, Georgia Pacific, and Ft. Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield
- Savannah is home to South University and Mercer University
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.#LI-HOTJOB