Medical Director, Hospital Medicine
Hospitalist Medical Director Opportunity in Bakersfield, CA
Sound Physicians is seeking a transformational leader with proven experience in building successful hospitalist teams. This candidate will have exceptional people skills and an ownership mentality. The position offers clinical shifts with dedicated administrative time. You would lead a team of 20 clinicians, including nocturnists and APPs. Excellent compensation package with leadership stipend, commencement bonus, and other bonuses, PTO, full benefits package, 401K, Leadership Development program, and much more!
Adventist Health Bakersfield recently received the “Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence” from HealthGrades for the third year in a row and Leapfrog, a healthcare rating organization, has named Adventist Health Bakersfield one of only 35 hospitals in the United States and six in California to receive its Top Hospital Award! The CEO recognized that this was, in large part, due to the excellent care that our team has been providing since we started the program. This award places Adventist Health Bakersfield in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation.
- 255-bed acute care community hospital
- 18 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Co-managed semi-closed ICU
- No call
- Dedicated Sound Physicians EM team allows for excellent communication between teams and patient-centric quality care
For this leadership role:
- Internal medicine trained required
- 3-5 years of leadership experience as a Medical Director preferred
- Active CA license preferred
- Ability to lead a dynamic growing team
- Compensation range: 330k-380k
- Medical Director stipend and Bonus opportunity
- You will have regional leadership support and dedicated administrative time
Location and Lifestyle
This ideal location offers the best of both worlds: Affordable living and proximity to Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, and the Sierra Nevada mountains. This is a highly desirable location for home buyers due to affordability and low cost of living while offering close access to Central California wine country, central valley, beach communities, and all the amenities in Los Angeles. Enjoy a variety of restaurants, shopping, and a diverse economy with many locally owned businesses. Furthermore, enjoy access to many options for recreational fun: skiing, hiking, camping, fly fishing, and white water rafting.
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth