Medical Director – Hospital Medicine
To prospective teammates,
I’m the Associate Chief Medical Officer for Sound’s hospital medicine program at Washington Hospital in Fremont, California. I have been a part of Sound Physicians for three years and welcome interest from physicians with experience leading a hospitalist team to help us thrive in Fremont. I want to share more about our opportunity, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your options:
- We are a closely knit, established team of 12 physicians, actively growing in size.
- We have the support of a clinical performance nurse dedicated to our team.
- Our team works like a family, and we appreciate being able to lean on one another when needed. Our open and respectful culture includes integrity, honesty, and support.
- Excellent nursing staff as well as collaborative consulting services.
- Outstanding hospital leadership who are very supportive of our team.
- Fremont is a desirable location within the East Bay area. The Bay area is a great place to live with its diversity and many opportunities for fun activities, and the hospital is in an ideal location for many restaurants and amenities.
- Washington Hospital is a 415-bed acute-care hospital with a 28-bed ICU and 23-bed emergency room.
- Currently, four rounding/admitting physicians rotate taking admissions during the day, 7 am to 7 pm; one rounding/admitting physician who does late admissions, 9 am to 9 pm; and one at night, 7 pm to 7 am. The hospitalist team rotates through shifts. We currently do a minimum of 2-3 late rounding/admitting shifts/month and have a dedicated nocturnist. We plan on expanding this team in the new year and will work towards a dedicated evening admitter/swing shift model.
- Closed ICU – The ICU team runs 24/7 intensivist support and codes.
- Manageable workload and encounters foster a balanced and supportive work environment.
- Epic EMR and have access to Sound Physicians’ internal informatics platform for streamlined and efficient workflow.
- We have a very diverse population of patients, which helps enrich us and allows us to learn about different cultures.
- Our hospitalists are expected to participate in 1-2 committees that you find of interest.
- Hospitalists ideally work a 7 on/7 off-block schedule for continuity of care.
- The Medical Director will work at least ten clinical shifts a month in addition to the administrative role.
- Expected annual compensation range of $336k-$372k plus productivity and quality bonuses.
- Medical Director bonus up to $60k.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Focusing on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Located on the Eastern shore of San Francisco Bay, Fremont, California, is an ethnically diverse community with a population of around 220,000. Fremont has a high median income, making it a safe and family-friendly environment with a moderate Mediterranean climate, typical of the San Francisco Bay Area near the Santa Cruz Mountains to the west.
Fremont is only 40 miles from San Francisco. San Francisco is renowned for its vibrant culinary scene, offering a foodie paradise with diverse cuisines worldwide. Additionally, the city’s proximity to Lake Tahoe, just a few hours away, allows outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy the stunning beauty of the lake and its surrounding mountains.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Pam Grewall, MD, Associate Chief Medical Officer, Sound Physicians