Medical Director, Hospital Medicine
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Sound Physicians is seeking a transformational leader with proven experience in building successful hospitalist teams. This candidate will have exceptional people skills and an ownership mentality. The position offers clinical shifts with dedicated administrative time. You would lead a team of clinicians, including nocturnists and APPs. Lucrative compensation, leadership stipend, commencement bonus, and other bonuses, full benefits package, 401K, Leadership Development program, 40 hours accrued paid sick leave per calendar year, and much more!
Northwestern Medical Center is a state-of-the-art 40-bed community hospital with newly constructed, private inpatient rooms and offers 24/7 care in the emergency department with strong specialty backup. NMC offers telemedicine visits for a variety of services. Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians. Northwestern Medical Center has won several awards, including National Recognition as a Top Community Hospital, Joint Commission National Quality Awards, and National Patient Satisfaction Awards.
- Established team of 3 physicians, 3 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Hospitalists do RRT; EM and Anesthesia assist with codes
- No procedures required; Speciality backup within hospital
- Co-managed ICU; TeleICU from Dartmouth
- Schedule: 7 days on/7 days off
- Meditech EMR
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine with 4+ years of hospitalist leadership experience required
- Outstanding compensation package!
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Location and Lifestyle
Love the outdoors? St. Alban’s, Vermont is the place for you! Enjoy the small-town feel with big-city amenities. Burlington is just 30 minutes away! Great ski resorts close while enjoying the beauty of all 4 seasons. You can also be in Montreal, Canada in under 1 hour!! This town is welcoming and has a charming historic downtown area, trendy and delicious restaurants, shops, and much more!