Emergency Medicine Medical Director at a Brand New Facility – Tucson, AZ
To prospective teammates,
I’m the regional medical director for Rincon Hospital, located in Tucson, Arizona. I have been a part of Sound for eight years. I’m proud of the emergency medicine practice we have built and welcome interest from physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are building a new strong team, which will include a team of six physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs). This new facility is slated to open in March 2024!
- Sound Physicians takes pride in creating a team-based atmosphere and culture in an emergency department. That includes a close and collaborative relationship with our nursing colleagues and specialists on staff at TMC Rincon.
- Our management team supports our providers with everything from credentialing, scheduling, and onboarding, creating the highest level of provider satisfaction.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in a roughly 16,000 ED volume facility.
- TMC has partnered with Sound Physicians to provide emergency medical services and anesthesia.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a director role is required.
- This role will be supported by a staffing coordinator for scheduling assistance.
- The regional operations manager provides weekly performance reports to facilitate effective management.
- Sound Physicians provides comprehensive data reporting tools to continually enhance operational efficiency and decision-making.
- Our Sound emergency medicine team will consist of six FTEs and many part-time associates to assist with staffing. There will be two 12-hour MD shifts daily from 7 AM to 7 PM. As patient volume increases, we will open with eight hours of APP coverage on Monday through Wednesday.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Growth and development are key features of Sound’s practice, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Tucson, Arizona, offers a compelling blend of cultural richness, outdoor adventure, and a laid-back lifestyle. Surrounded by picturesque desert landscapes and boasting a thriving arts and culinary scene, Tucson appeals to residents seeking a balance between a relaxed atmosphere and engaging activities.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.