Medical Director – Emergency Medicine
Success Happens When You Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
Hill Country Memorial, a consistently nationally ranked Top 100 hospital, is recognized for its quality by both leading medical professionals and patients beyond Fredericksburg, but its true strength evolves from deep local roots in Fredericksburg and Gillespie County, Texas.
- Volume of ED – 14,900
- Level 4 Trauma, 11 ED beds, and no fast track; bedside ultrasound
- Dragon dictation and Meditech EMR
- 11% admitting, 3% transfer, 14% total admission, 10% pediatric
- No bridge orders, private EMS, helipad
- Procedures required
- Open ICU
- BE/BC emergency medicine (ABEM, ABOEM) preferred; board-certified FP with experience at similar volume ED’s
- Prior chief hospitalist experience preferred or 2+ years of hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
- Excellent Independent contractor compensation with liability/malpractice coverage provided
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Location and Lifestyle
Fredericksburg is a city of beauty and charm. Its founding includes a rich history of people making a good life in a new place with the help of friends and neighbors. Working together, they created a city where all could live up to their potential, participate in activities, and benefit from services to enhance the quality of their lives. The spirit of working together to create a beautiful, livable place is still alive today in Fredericksburg and that spirit is responsible for the ambiance of the city today. History in Fredericksburg is alive and well. Experience our past through the Pioneer Museum Complex and the Sauer Beckmann Living History Farm – sites that tell the story of our German settlers in the Texas Hill Country. It’s no wonder people flock to the Texas Hill Country. The rolling hills, colorful wildflowers, and winding country roads are enough to make anyone want to commune with nature. If the outdoors is your cup of tea, you’ll find it hard to fit all this is in one trip. For the binocular-toting crowd, the Fredericksburg area has everything from bats (and millions of them) to 300 species of birds. For the gotta-get-up-and-move types, we’re also popular for hiking or rock climbing Enchanted Rock, and for bicycling and horseback riding.