Hospital Medicine Medical Director – Increased Comp! – Billings, MT
Physician Leadership Opportunity in Billings, Montana – Offering a New Increased Compensation Package!
St. Vincent Healthcare (SVH) is a faith-based, not-for-profit, 286-bed community hospital. Owned by Intermountain, this is one of Montana’s largest comprehensive hospitals. This regional destination hospital provides a variety of services, including a Level II Trauma Center, Cardiothoracic and vascular medicine, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and a family-centered maternal and child health center, including a Level III NICU and Pediatric ICU. SVH has 57 subspecialties and employs more than 100 physicians and partners with more than 400 independent physicians.
- 22 full-time hospitalist team with 6 advanced practitioners, a clinical performance nurse, and a hospitalist coordinator
- Medical Director 50% clinical and 50% administrative
- Closed ICU – no procedures and no codes
- Epic EMR
- Manageable workload and manageable encounters
- Culture of integrity, honesty, support, and amazing retention rates among physicians and nurses
- The full package compensation range is from $375K to $390k with relocation assistance, Path to Partnership™ track, and other full benefits
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Location and Lifestyle
Billings is the largest city in Montana and home to some of the most breathtaking landscapes in America. Area attractions include numerous cultural and historical sites, including Pompey’s Pillar, Chief Plenty Coups State Park, Pictograph Caves State Park, Yellowstone Art Museum, and the Montana State Zoo. This is the perfect area for the outdoor enthusiast with the ability to hike, bike, boat, paddleboard, kayak, etc. Here you may also enjoy living in a city while dealing with minimal traffic.
- 40 miles of paved bike trails for panoramic views of the Bighorn and Pryor Mountains and the Yellowstone River
- Montana’s Only Walkable Brewery District
- Remrock is a beautiful place to hike and see a beautiful view of the city
- Lake Elmo is less than 30 minutes from Billings, and here one can enjoy paddleboarding, kayaking, fishing, bird watching, and a nice walking path
- Billings Logan International Airport provides non-stop service to 7 major cities including Denver, Dallas, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Phoenix and Seattle
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- Mild year-round climate with low humidity – average highs of 87 in July and 32 in January; average snowfall is 56”
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.