Anesthesia Medical Director – $600k Annual Compensation – Nashua, NH
Medical Director Opportunity in Nashua, New Hampshire
Southern New Hampshire Medical Center is a 188-bed acute care facility located in the heart of downtown Nashua, has a medical staff of over five hundred primary and specialty care providers from Foundation Medical Partners, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Nashua, and local independent practices. The Medical Center has been a Magnet® hospital since 2006, as well as earning DNV GL Healthcare accreditation, and awards as Lung Care Screening Center, Go Clear Award, and Most Wired Hospital.
The Medical Director role encompasses a range of crucial responsibilities. You are tasked with assuming overall administrative oversight of the anesthesiology department, ensuring its smooth operation. Additionally, you will actively engage in monthly meetings with the schedule management committee, collaborating with representatives from diverse departments to coordinate and optimize schedules. Working in tandem with the medical staff, the Medical Director plays a key role in setting and upholding stringent standards for patient care. Furthermore, they provide valuable support to Sound Physicians and the facility by contributing to the development and implementation of policies and procedures that enhance the delivery of patient care.
- $600,000 annual Medical Director compensation
- Case mix includes Cardiac, OB, Neuro, Ortho, plastics, endo, GI, and trauma
- Monday – Friday schedule 7a-3p with shared call responsibility
- Physicians and CRNAs work within a highly collaborative environment of mutual respect and dedication to patient care
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Location and Lifestyle
Have the best of both worlds, suburban living with an easy drive into Boston and close proximity to Boston Logan Airport. Nashua offers a combination of grand historic buildings, a downtown district, traditional pedestrian-oriented urban neighborhoods, and more rural and contemporary suburban neighborhoods. Nashua is a community of active lifestyles. With the change of each season, energetic young and young-at-heart people fill the fields, the rinks, the ball courts, the diamonds, the pools, the slopes, the parks, and the tracks in dynamic sport. Nashua is a closely knit community that offers a wonderful quality of life to its residents and features a vibrant downtown known for its family-owned businesses and shops and award-winning restaurants. For these reasons, and the high-quality public school district, Money magazine named Nashua among the Top 100 Places to Live multiple times, including most recently in 2019.
Success Happens When You Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
As a physician-founded and led organization with more than twenty years of experience managing hospitals’ clinical programs, Sound has quickly gained traction as a leader in Anesthesia. From implementation to continuous improvement, hospitals benefit from our change management expertise. Our partners know that we implement new programs with minimal friction and drive the change necessary for continued success.
We build strong leaders who develop high-performing, collaborative clinical teams and empower clinicians with a comprehensive library of protocols to provide standardized, repeatable, and measurable processes.