Medical Director, Anesthesia (Outpatient GI) – Sacramento, CA
Join Sound Anesthesia at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, CA
UC Davis Medical Center is a nationally renowned academic medical center located in Sacramento, California. It is the flagship hospital of the UC Davis Health System and serves as a major regional referral center for patients with complex medical conditions. The hospital offers a comprehensive range of specialty services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurology, transplant, and trauma services, among others. UC Davis Medical Center is also home to one of the top-ranked children’s hospitals in California, providing specialized care to infants, children, and adolescents. With state-of-the-art facilities and a highly skilled team of healthcare professionals, UC Davis Medical Center is committed to providing exceptional patient care, advancing medical research, and educating the next generation of healthcare clinicians.
This is an amazing opportunity to join Sound Anesthesia as a leader supporting the mission of the UC Davis Anesthesiology Department! We are hiring a Medical Director for the rapidly growing UC Davis Medical Center in beautiful Sacramento!
- Weekday position 7 am-5 pm with some days running until 7
- No call, nights, or weekends
- Outpatient GI Facility as well as a variety of offsite locations within the medical center (EP, Cath lab, radiology) in a care team model with CRNA’s
- Base Salary $535k per year plus a $50k chief stipend
- 10 Weeks’ Vacation
- Sign-on bonus and relocation available
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact by creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Riverside Charm and Capital Energy: Sacramento, Where History Flows into the Future
Nestled in California’s central valley, Sacramento, the state’s capital exudes a captivating blend of rich history, cultural vibrancy, and modern urban charm. Set against the scenic backdrop of the Sacramento and American Rivers, the city boasts a unique combination of lush green spaces, architectural wonders, and a thriving downtown scene. From the iconic State Capitol building, where legislative decisions shape the state’s course, to the historic Old Sacramento district with its preserved Gold Rush-era buildings, visitors are treated to a glimpse of the past intertwined with contemporary living. Museums, galleries, and theaters contribute to a dynamic arts and entertainment scene, while the renowned Farm-to-Fork movement showcases the region’s culinary excellence. With a climate that lends itself to year-round outdoor activities, and a warm and welcoming community, Sacramento stands as a captivating destination that seamlessly bridges its storied heritage with the aspirations of the present.
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the chance to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth