Medical Director, Hospital Medicine
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Lutheran Hospital is a 396-bed tertiary care facility and provides specialized care including northern Indiana’s only heart and kidney transplant programs, an accredited bariatric surgery program, Level II verified adult and pediatric trauma centers, an accredited and commended cancer care program, and a certified primary stroke center. It has achieved advanced certification from The Joint Commission for ventricular assist devices and was the first hospital in northern Indiana to perform transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
- Team of 32 bedside clinicians with two clinical performance nurses and an onsite program manager for full support
- Excellent subspecialty support including 24-hour in-house cardiology and critical care coverage
- Respond to codes on own patients only
- Closed ICU; No procedures required
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off block scheduling, 7 am – 7 pm
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine is required; Prior chief hospitalist/leadership experience required
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Location and Lifestyle
The city of Fort Wayne, Indiana is rated the number one city in Indiana to raise your kids. Fort Wayne received the All-American City Award and a City of Livability award.
- Always ranked in the top 10 lowest costs of living cities in the country
- 10-minute drive to work – no traffic!
- Over 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking, and biking
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- An active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program