Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Lutheran Hospital is a 396-bed tertiary care facility that opened on Thanksgiving Day in 1904. Lutheran’s areas of specialized care include northern Indiana’s only heart and kidney transplant programs, an accredited bariatric surgery center, Level II verified adult and pediatric trauma centers, an accredited and commended community hospital cancer care program, and a certified primary stroke center.
- 32 clinician team with a clinical performance nurse
- Excellent subspecialty support including 24-hour in house cardiology and critical care coverage
- Closed ICU; No procedures required
- Schedule: Day shift – 7 on / 7 off
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required; Prior chief hospitalist/leadership experience required
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
The city of Fort Wayne, Indiana is rated the number one city in Indiana to raise your kids. Fort Wayne received the All-American City Award and a City of Livability award.
- Always ranked in the top 10 lowest cost of living cities in the country
- 10-minute drive to work – no traffic!
- Over 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking, and biking
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- An active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program