Medical Director, Hospital Medicine
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Manchester Memorial Hospital is a 249-bed, acute care, community hospital celebrating the centennial of its founding in 1920. Along with Rockville General Hospital, Manchester Memorial is an affiliate of Eastern Connecticut Health Network, an established organization dedicated to serving the communities of greater Hartford since 1997. The hospital offers a state-of-the-art emergency department, a strong sub-specialty presence, newly renovated patient rooms, and is home to a family medicine residency program. The hospital has also been recognized by The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and The Joint Commission for our outstanding stroke care services.
- Established team of 11 physicians, one APP, and the support of a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU with excellent specialty backup; Procedure experience preferred
- No call environment
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
- 5+ years of hospitalist and 2+ years of leadership
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact by creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Location and Lifestyle
Manchester sits 10 miles east of Hartford and is conveniently located directly in between two major cities, Boston and New York. With excellent transportation options close by such as highways, railroads, and multiple international airports, but also the 1,000 acres of parkland and gardens, Hartford is an easy 20-minute commute!
Central Connecticut offers a variety of housing styles and prices located in attractive neighborhoods, a plethora of award-winning schools, performing arts, and friendly, community-spirited residents. Taking in all CT has to offer will be easy with 31 weeks off per year!
- Connecticut offers 42 higher education institutions, a host of historical and cultural amenities, quality health care and a diverse natural environment from the peak of
- Bear Mountain to the 1,065 miles of coastal shoreline, which includes all saltwater-influenced watercourses
- Nationally recognized for excellent public and private school systems