Medical Director, Hospital Medicine
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Community Medical Center (CMC), is a community-based, not-for-profit 151-bed hospital located in Western Montana, affiliated with Billings Clinic and LifePoint Health. The hospital is expanding with a new 17.9M Cardiovascular Center to better serve patients in the community.
CMS Is a Leading healthcare organization providing exceptional services and consistently earning accreditation by the Joint Commission, Commission on Cancer Care, and accredited Chest Pain Center. CMC is CARF accredited, with internationally recognized standards and quality improvement and improved outcomes for patients including the Heart Stroke Specialty program.
- Established 8 physicians and 2 APP teams with the support of clinical performance nurses
- Flexibility with Administrative schedule
- Open ICU with Sound Employed intensivist program for backup
- No procedures required
- No call environment
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
- Prior leadership experience preferred or 3+ years of hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Location & Lifestyle
Missoula is the 2nd largest city in Montana. Known as the “Garden City” for its forested, lush surroundings and plentiful freshwater, Missoula is the leader among Montana cities in culture, community, and bringing national events to local venues. A four-season recreational destination, Missoula stays active year-round with events, outdoor activities, local breweries, and an abundance of city parks. The city offers affordable living and safe communities. Home of the University of Montana, Missoula is popular with Division 1 sports lovers and academics alike. The beautiful Clark Fork River runs through the city center and the area offers mountain biking, hiking, trail running, & skiing. Missoula’s airport has daily flights to major cities on four major airlines. The city is a commutable distance to several recreational hot spots including Glazier and Yellowstone National Parks.