Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital, originally named Fannie C. Paddock Memorial Hospital was founded in 1882 becoming the first hospital in the city of Tacoma, WA. In partnership with the MultiCare Health System, MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital has grown to become a 437 licensed-bed facility with a Level II Adult Trauma Center offering a wide range of essential healthcare services.
- The hospitalist team has 28 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Co-managed ICU
- ED runs codes
- No procedures required
- No call
- Schedule: 50/50 split with 7 clinical and 7 admin shifts a month
- Board certification and ACLS/BLS required
- Prior chief hospitalist/leadership experience preferred or 2+ years acute care hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
What Matters to You
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Location & Lifestyle
Just 30 – 40 minutes from Seattle, you will enjoy awe-inspiring natural wonders that frame the area with views of Mount Rainier popping up all around western Washington while the seemingly endless shoreline of Puget Sound provides glistening water views with a backdrop of majestic mountain ranges peppering the scenery. Life here delivers an unimaginable variety – hiking mountain trails, world-renowned shopping, and outdoor recreation, amazing global dining with fresh, local seafood, unique Pacific Northwest cuisine, arts and culture, and nationally recognized museums. From Seattle’s bustling neighborhoods and rich diversity to Tacoma’s vibrant, urban core alive with culture and historic homes to Puyallup’s scenic great outdoors, and family-friendly neighborhoods, there are a plethora of area options to fit anyone’s lifestyle.
Hospital Awards and Accolades
- Named “Best Hospital” by South Sound magazine’s “Best of the South Sound” annual reader poll
- Recipient of the SightLife Vision Award for exceptional performance as well as demonstrated commitment to cornea donation and advocacy
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- The only hospital in the South Sound to receive certification from DNV GL – Healthcare as a Comprehensive Stroke Center
- “A” Hospital Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group
- Ranks No. 1 as the region’s preferred choice for healthcare
- Received the 2012-2013 Consumer Choice Award, as chosen by local residents surveyed by National Research Cor