Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Natividad Medical Center is a 172-bed Level II Trauma Center and is the only teaching hospital on the Central Coast, through its affiliation with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). Recognized nationally and internationally as a model program, Natividad’s Family Medicine Residency Program is postgraduate training for physicians specializing in family medicine. Natividad is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and is governed by a Board of Trustees, under the guidance of the Monterey County Board of Supervisors.
- Team of 8 physicians, and a clinical performance nurse
- Academic teaching program – work with medical students and residents
- Closed ICU; closed during the day with intensivist coverage; Sound hospitalists manage at night
- No night shift obligation
- Three years of hospitalist experience required; internal medicine trained physician preferred and previous leadership experience strongly preferred
Location & Lifestyle
Home to an amazing Mediterranean climate, this area offers coastal access and a beautiful scenic landscape that can be found nowhere else in the country! An hour south of San Jose, an hour and forty-five minutes south of San Francisco, and twenty-five minutes to Monterey, this community is in a coastal and rich farming region. Salinas is an affordable family-oriented community, offering cultural, education, and entertainment opportunities. Salinas is a friendly community with patients who are grateful and appreciative of the medical services they are provided. Monterey County is also home to nearly 75 wineries including well-known names such as Blackstone, Chalone, Estancia, and Hess.
Awards and Accolades
- 2016-2017 “A” Top Rating for the fourth time in The Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety Score, a twice-annual survey of more than 2,500 hospitals across the nation. The Hospital Safety Score grades acute care hospitals on how safe they are for patients
- 2016 Top Hospital by The Leapfrog Group. One of the most prestigious distinctions a hospital can receive in the U.S., the recognition showcases Natividad’s commitment to patient safety and quality
- 2016 #1 National Ranking out of 107 Kindred Healthcare Rehabilitation Units for Natividad’s Sam Karas Acute Rehabilitation Center receiving top scores for clinical excellence
- 2016 Performance Excellence Award in Preventing Injury Falls by CALNOC (the Collaborative Alliance for Nursing Outcomes), the leading provider of actionable information and research on nursing-sensitive quality measures