Lead Advanced Practice Provider – Bridgeton, MO
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for SSM Health DePaul located in Bridgeton, Missouri. I have been a part of Sound Medical Group since 2017, and with SSM DePaul for many years before I joined Sound Medical Group. I’m proud of the Hospitalist practice we have built and welcome interest from physicians and APP’s coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are a closely knit, established team of 28 physicians and 4 advanced practice providers, with the support of a three clinical performance nurses, one hospitalist coordinator, and one program manager.
- Our team is highly diverse in education and experience, and we come from all over the world. This has provided us with opportunities to learn from each other each day.
- Our team is involved in many committees and projects throughout the hospital every year. We encourage everyone to find a committee that feeds their passion. Your expertise will be highly valued by DePaul Hospital.
- Our team enjoys the outdoors, and all that St. Louis has to offer from festivals to professional sports, to awesome restaurants and music. Everyone finds something enjoyable as a means to unwind and enjoy life when they are not working.
- As a team we value our collaboration with the nursing and specialists throughout the hospital. Patients are our top priority, and we do a great job of always keeping that focus at the forefront.
- We like to support our greater local community by participating in food pantry drives each year along with supporting the hospital championed initiatives to help those in need.
- We welcome the challenge of highly complex cases. Our ICU is closed. Procedures and codes are not required, and we are grateful for 24/7 in house specialty support in all but just a few specialty areas.
- The population we serve is very ill. The happiest team members are those that thrive on complexity and high acuity, knowing they are making a difference with strong support around them at all times.
- Our APPs spend their time focusing on admissions during the day and cross coverage at night.
- As a team we meet monthly and have our routine touch bases
- We work in EPIC, with access to our own internal informatics platform.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is key feature of Sound Medical Group practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
To learn more please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Sonia Melkaveri M.D., CPE, SFHM
Medical Director- Hospital Medicine
SSM Health DePaul Hospital