Lead Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – St. Louis, MO
Prospective Lead Advanced Practice Provider candidates:
I am the System Medical Director for the Sound Physicians hospital medicine practices at three SSM Health hospital in the St. Louis, Missouri metro area. I have been with Sound Physicians since 2017 and I’m proud of the hospitalist programs we have built. The team and I welcome interest from advanced practice providers (APPs) with experience in hospital medicine, to consider a great LEADERSHIP position on our team. I’d like to share more about our people, practice, and purpose as you consider this opportunity:
- We are a closely knit, established group of hospitalists, spread across three programs in the St. Louis suburbs. At each program, we have a medical director, hospitalist coordinator, clinical performance nurses, and physician hospitalists and APPs bringing better to the beside for our adult patients.
- Our team is comprised of clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds who learn from each other in our approach to patient care.
- Within the hospital, we enjoy being involved in a variety of committees and interest groups, and the hospital is grateful for our expertise within these groups.
- We have excellent relationships with other departments in the hospital, supporting a smooth transition of care for all patients.
- We are looking for a board-certified APP who enjoys seeing a variety of patients of all adult ages. We seek at least two years of experience as a Hospitalist NP/PA with some sort of lead or leadership experience in your current or previous role.
- The position is mainly clinical in nature with additional duties such as APP interviewing, onboarding, plus various committee and team meetings.
- Clinical time can be mainly at one hospital, with the flexibility to help at other sites as needed. The hospital locations are: SSM St. Joseph in St. Charles, SSM St. Joseph West in Lake St. Louis, and SSM DePaul in Bridgeton.
- You will serve as the ‘go to’ for all APPs on our team and collaborate with all hospitalists and leaders within our programs.
- Our APPs focus on admissions during the day and swing shifts and complete admissions and cross-coverage during the night shift. Our team never works alone.
- Our schedule is very predictable, which allows for ease in work-life balance. Our team helps each other with coverage when one of us wishes to have time off.
- We use EPIC as our EMR, with access to our own internal informatics platform.
- Our team is proud of our support for each other, which includes opportunities to converse and share information via daily morning huddles and monthly team meetings.
- To set YOU up for success, Sound provides outstanding training and onboarding including support from our VP of APP services who is exceptional.
- Compensation package includes annual salary, stipend for extra non-clinical work, and additional incentives. Commencement bonus and relocation allowance is also included.
- This position is also eligible for our pathway to partnership program.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of our practices, with the opportunity to expand your career here locally and within the broader Sound medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants to contribute in and out of the hospital to help the greater St. Louis metro area thrive.
For those considering a move, the St. Louis metro area, also referred to as “Gateway to the West”, is home to approximately 2.8 million people, and offers urban, suburban, and country living within a very reasonable driving radius. St. Louis is located along the Missouri River where you will find historic downtown areas, ample dining, shopping, and a vibrant cultural scene meeting everyone’s taste in fun – from sports and wineries to parks and live music. Many choose the greater St. Louis area in which to raise their family. Ample options in private and public schools are found in all parts of the metro area, surrounded by wonderful housing options in price ranges.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Peter Emerson, M.D.
System Medical Director
Sound Physicians Hospital Medicine
SSM Hospitals in St. Louis, Missouri