Internal Medicine Hospitalist
To prospective teammates,
I am the medical director for Sound’s hospital medicine practice at Skagit Valley Hospital in Mount Vernon, Washington. I have proudly been a part of Sound for seven years and welcome interest from physicians coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- Join our established team of 20 physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPS).
- Our team is a rich tapestry of clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds who lean on and learn from each other in their approach to patient care.
- Embrace the opportunity to actively engage in committee work at the hospital, as we highly encourage participation and collaboration in these initiatives.
- We’re more than colleagues – we’re a united group functioning like a family. Enjoy team bonding outside work, such as our shared love for bowling.
- Working in an open ICU setting supported by subspecialty backup, our team assists in managing ICU patients but is not expected to do procedures.
- We have the opportunity to teach family medicine and internal medicine residents. Due to ACGME requirements, we are seeking internal medicine trained physicians.
- We meet twice monthly for team meetings, fostering regular communication and collaboration.
- Valuing time with our families and the outdoors, we offer a flexible schedule and mutual coverage for absences among our team members.
- The expected annual salary based on 175 shifts is $260-265K.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- Growth and development are key features of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Mount Vernon, WA, entices residents with scenic beauty, agricultural heritage, and small-town charm. Its proximity to cities like Seattle, varied outdoor activities and cultural events like the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival add to its appeal, alongside relatively affordable housing options.
To learn more, please get in touch with my recruiting partner, Melinda Tucker, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Malik Fuimaono, Medical Director