Intensivist – Visalia, CA
Full-time Intensivist opportunity working with residents, day shifts only, PSLF eligible!
Kaweah Health is a 600-bed community hospital located 1-hour south of Fresno, California. Kaweah Health is the second-largest district hospital in the state of California. A level III Trauma Center, Kaweah is the only hospital in Visalia, with comprehensive care including cardiac and orthopedic surgery, cancer treatment, mental health services, and extensive pediatric service care including NICU.
We have Emergency Medicine, Anesthesia, General Surgery, and Family Medicine Residency programs. The EM, Anesthesia, FM, and transitional year residents spend time in the ICU.
- 21-bed Medical ICU, 20-bed CVICU, & two step-down units
- Team of 8 FTE MDs & 4 FTE APPs providing care in the MICU, CVICU, & step-down units.
- The coverage model entails 1 Intensivist & 1 APP in MICU 7a-7p, 1 Intensivist in CVICU 7a-7p, & 1 Intensivist covering the two Step-Down Units 7a-7p. At night there is 1 Intensivist & 1 APP covering the MICU, CVICU, and step-down units. ADC is 37-40
- EMR: Cerner
- The position entails all day shifts. You may be asked to occasionally work a night shift but not with regularity. Working 15-day shifts per month annual compensation is $550,800.
- Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the America’s 100 Best Hospitals™ in 2023.
- Recognized by Healthgrades for the past 6 consecutive years for excellence in Cardiac Surgery
- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award – In August of 2023, Kaweah Health received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking, and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
There are several nice communities in the Visalia area, although most physicians commute in from Fresno/Clovis. The schools are excellent, homes are affordable, and you’re at the gateway of several national parks including Yosemite National Park, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, and Sierra National Forest.
- Clovis, CA was recognized by Livability as “Best Places to Live in the US in 2023”
- Excellent Schools: The Clovis Unified School District is highly rated (Liberty Elementary, James Fugman, Garfield, & Valley Oak being the top 5 elementary schools in the Fresno area).
- Central Location: Fresno/Clovis/Visalia is a 3-hour drive to Los Angeles, San Jose, and San Luis Obispo.
- Median home price in Fresno is $375k, $497k in Clovis, & $369k in Visalia
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Critical Care is a physician-established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.