Intensivist – St. Louis, MO
To our prospective teammates,
I’m the critical care program medical director for Sound’s ICU team at SSM Health DePaul Hospital located in Bridgeton, Missouri. I’ve been a part of Sound for four years. I’m proud of the critical care practice we’ve built and welcome any critical care nurse practitioners and physician assistants seeking to make a career change to explore our group and our practice. I would like to share more about who we are and what we do — specifically about our people, practice, and purpose — as you consider your options:
- We are an established team of intensivist physicians and ICU acute care advanced practice providers (APPs).
- Our team is comprised of practicing intensivist physicians and APPs with a diverse mix of ICU clinical practice time.
- Within the hospital, we work closely with the multi-disciplinary team within the unit to collaboratively care for patients.
- We are looking for candidates with the ability to independently assess, examine, and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes.
- Our team functions well as a unit, and we are seeking candidates who can commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate the problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients.
- The ICU operates as a closed unit, except co-management of cardiovascular ICU patients.
- We provide 24/7 on-site coverage in the 20-bed medical and 18-bed surgical ICU with medical, surgical, neuro, cardiac, and cardiovascular patients.
- There is subspecialty backup, a rapid response team, and a code blue team.
- We work in EPIC, with access to our own internal informatics platform.
- Full-time APPs work an average of 15 shifts per month, block shift schedule, generally 4-5 day stretches.
- Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, a 401(k) with a matching program, paid medical malpractice, tail coverage, and an annual CME allowance.
- We work collaboratively within our team to manage the schedule as equitably as possible to provide our team with a great work/family life balance.
- SSM Health DePaul is an H1B eligible facility.
- This role requires candidates to possess a current, unrestricted license (NP/PA) and have ICU experience
- We are looking for APP candidates with experience managing medical and surgical ICU patients, present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU, and can work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team.
- We’re committed to patient-centered care, always.
- We value and support growth and development in our practice and in our critical care group, allowing you to explore opportunities that provide clinical and professional growth opportunities.
Bridgeton is a welcoming suburb of St. Louis area conveniently located near local and international transportation hubs. The community offers a diverse array of housing options in the immediate area as well as throughout the metro St. Louis area. New construction and historic homes abound, in addition to community-style living. St. Louis offers a rich history and cultural diversity for individuals and families of all backgrounds.
To learn more, please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Justin Grady, DO
Program Medical Director