PRN Intensivist – San Francisco, CA
To our prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for our ICU program at St Mary’s Medical Center in San Francisco. I’ve been a part of Sound Medical Group for just over eight years, the last four of which I have served as the ICU medical director. I’m proud of the critical care practice we’ve built and welcome interest from practicing Critical Care Physicians looking for part-time or per diem work.
I’d like to share more about who we are and what we do — specifically about our people, practice, and purpose — as you consider your options:
- We’re a closely-knit, established team of 3 Intensivists
- Within the hospital, we work closely with our colleagues in other departments to ensure a smooth transition of care. And many of us are active in community health initiatives through the hospital.
- We are looking for an Intensivist to join our team on a part-time or PRN basis.
- St. Mary’s Medical Center is an accredited, not-for-profit, teaching hospital located across the street from Golden Gate Park. As a full-service facility, we’re home to the nation’s first digital cardiac catheterization laboratory, innovative orthopedic and spine care, state-of-the-art cancer center, and comprehensive rehabilitation programs.
- We provide care in a 20-bed ICU (closed unit). St Mary’s has an Internal Medicine residency program and we have one resident and two medical interns that round with us during the day. A third-year resident covers the ICU overnight, and we back up telephonically from home.
- ADC is 10. The residents and interns do notes and are well-versed in ICU procedures.
- The Intensivist is in-house 7a-5p and takes night call from home. Although the night call is very light and we rarely come in overnight, the Intensivist must be able to physically get back to the ICU within 30 minutes.
- Benefits include paid medical malpractice and tail coverage
- Compensation: $2940 per shift
- We put patients first. Always.
- We value and support growth and development in our critical care practice, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and support involvement and contributions to community health and wellness in and out of the hospital.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Kimberly Marquis, MD
ICU Program Medical Director