Intensivist – Frederick, MD
I’m the ICU medical director for the Sound Physicians program at Frederick Health located in Frederick, Maryland. I’ve been a part of Sound for three years and part of the ICU practice at Frederick Health for five. I’m proud of the critical care team we’ve built and welcome interest from intensivists coming out of training or looking to make a career change. We are driven by our people, practice, and purpose and I’d like to share more about these as you consider your options.
- We are a team of four physicians and two advanced practice providers (APPs).
- Diversity of geographic, educational, and training backgrounds creates a practice of clinical talent who learn from each other.
- Within the hospital, we work closely with our colleagues in other departments to ensure smooth transitions of care. Many of us are active in several committees including stroke, sepsis, and practice guidelines.
- Our 20-bed ICU is closed, and we primarily care for med/surg patients. Our critical care facility is brand-new, having opened in the fall of 2022.
- We have one intensivist during the day and one intensivist at night. Monday-Friday there is an APP that works alongside the intensivist during the day.
- For a community hospital, we have excellent subspecialty support. Sound manages the emergency medicine and hospitalist services as well and we help each other to provide the best possible patient care. In July 2023 Frederick Health was named a winner of the “Best Places to Work Award.”
- The schedule is generally blocks of 3 to 5 shifts, although there is flexibility based on personal preference. Roughly 1/3 of the shifts are night shifts.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- We value and support growth and development in our hospital medicine practice, allowing you to explore new opportunities locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and support involvement and contributions to community health and wellness in and out of the hospital.
Located in Frederick, Maryland, our community offers a rich quality of life, a strong sense of community, and a perfect balance between urban and natural attractions. Our historic downtown area boasts a vibrant arts and culture scene, with numerous shops, restaurants, and galleries to explore. The city is nestled amid picturesque landscapes, including the stunning Catoctin Mountains and the Monocacy River. Frederick’s strategic location makes it convenient to drive to both Baltimore and Washington, D.C. We have the best-rated public school district in the state.
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Jon Henesch, MD
ICU Program Medical Director