Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Critical Care is a physician-established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
The Team – The Hospital
Twin Cities Community Hospital is a 120-bed acute care hospital that’s been providing care to the communities of Northern San Luis Obispo County since 1977. Our hospital has earned the top grade from The Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety Score, receiving consecutive “A” ratings since the scores were first released in 2012 (only 40 other hospitals in the country have done this!) and has also been recognized with numerous Performance Excellence Awards from the Collaborative Alliance for Nursing Outcomes (CALNOC).
This is an opportunity to join an established program, in the heart of San Louis Obispo County!
- Established team of 2 physicians
- 10-bed ICU – 80% medical and 20 % surgical
- 1 Intensivist per day; 8a-4pm + night call from home; Emergency Department covers ICU at night
- Average 4 patients per day
- Cerner EMR with dragon for dictation
- Top of the line ultrasound; Disposable bronchoscopy
- Phenomenal respiratory therapy team, GI, renal, and cardiology
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified in critical care medicine; Active CA medical license preferred
- Eligible to work in the United States; Not a J1 visa qualified area.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
San Luis Obispo County offers a mecca of outdoor activities including world-class surfing, parasailing, scuba diving, and endless hiking and biking trails. It’s no wonder that SLO has been recognized by Men’s Journal as the “The Coolest Town,” and by “National Geographic as “The Happiest Place in the USA.” SLO residents enjoy a vibrant downtown with an excellent culinary scene, a host of vineyards, and local outdoor concerts.