Intensivist – Olympia Fields, IL
Intensivist Opportunity at Teaching Hospital in the Chicago Area
Seeking a BC/BE critical care physician to join our intensivist program!
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields, a 375-bed, acute care teaching hospital with a comprehensive Internal Medicine residency and an ACGME-accredited Critical Care fellowship program. The teaching environment fosters the hospital culture of continued learning and research.
- 32-bed ICU with medical / surgical / CV surgery patients
- New state-of-the-art facility in Southwest Chicago suburbs
- Teaching hospital with Critical Care fellows and Internal Medicine residents
- Two daytime intensivists, 12-hour shift. Night is covered by tele-ICU and onsite Critical Care fellow
- Competitive package including commencement bonus, relocation, and full benefits
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO; Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine with 2-3 years of practicing critical care experience; Internal medicine trained physicians only
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking, and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location and Lifestyle
Olympia Fields is a southern suburb of Chicago located 25 miles from Chicago in Cook County. Olympia Fields is a safe, quiet community with numerous parks, and above average ranking public schools. Most of the 5,000-plus residents in Olympia Fields own their own homes. Olympia Fields is home to two award-winning, tournament-quality championship golf courses including the prestigious Olympia Fields County Golf Club, founded in 1915 and host to PGA tournaments.
Join A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization that focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.