Intensivist Nocturnist – San Jose, CA
Full-Time Nocturnist Position in San Jose, CA – $285 per hour plus benefits!
Regional Medical Center of San Jose is a Level II Trauma Center, Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center, Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center, and Level II NICU. Our campus was renovated in 2015 and offers a comprehensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including excellent neurosciences and neuro-interventional radiology programs and world-class trauma, stroke, and cardiac services
- High acuity, 24-bed, mixed ICU with a variety of complex pathologies (all ICU patients except trauma)
- We see bread and butter med/surg ICU patients as well as cardiovascular and neurosurgery. We do not have ECMO although we do balloon pumps and CRRT
- 2 Intensivists 7ap-7p & 1 Intensivist 7p-7a
- 3rd and 4th year medical students rotate with Physicians on our team who have interest in teaching.
- Our ICU Medical Director is also Chief of the Medical Staff
- Compensation working 14 night shifts per month $574k, although flexible to work as few as 12 nights per month, $492k (W2 model with comprehensive benefits package)
- Recognized by HCA for having the lowest number of HAI’s of any HCA hospital in the region
- In 2022, Regional Medical Center was recognized by HealthGrades as one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals & also Top 100 Hospitals for Critical Care
Education, Training & Experience Required
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- MD or DO; Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
Location & Lifestyle
The warm and sunny community of San Jose is the third most populous city in California. The warm climate allows residents to enjoy unlimited outdoor entertainment and recreational, cultural, and educational opportunities. Outside of being the capital of Silicon Valley, San Jose is an incredibly diverse city with easy access to sandy beaches, beautiful hiking trails, and national parks, as well as an easy BART ride to San Francisco.
Commitment to our Clinicians
Sound Critical Care is a physician-established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. Our success is based on practicing medicine by design, not default.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
- Above market compensation package to include generous sign-on bonus and paid relocation
- Professional Liability Coverage including full tail coverage
- Medical, dental, prescription, and vision coverage options for physicians and dependents
- CME Allowance, 401(k), Partnership track, professional development
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.