Intensivist – Lufkin, TX
To our prospective teammates,
I am the medical director for CHI St. Luke’s Health Memorial Hospital located in Lufkin, Texas. I have been a part of Sound for 2 years. I’m proud of the intensivist practice we have built and welcome interest from physicians coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are an established team of full-time, part-time, and PRN practicing intensivist physicians with a pulmonary/critical care training background.
- Our team members live within driving distance of Lufkin and stay local when working shifts.
- We work collaboratively with our Sound Hospitalist team providing patient care continuity.
- We proudly sponsor H1B visa candidates as a cap exempt site and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid and services are covered by Sound.
- We are seeking a candidate who can work as a team member, demonstrates a commitment to excellence in clinical service by being forward-thinking and showcasing problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment, and has excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases, working in a co-managed 24-bed ICU with onsite intensivist coverage during the day and Sound hospital medicine physicians in-house at night with intensivist physician backup call from home. Intensivists receive additional coverage for night call.
- Our ICU is comprised of medical, surgical, and cardiovascular surgery patients. The hospital is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Care Stroke Center and CHEST Pain Center.
- Our team meets monthly for intensivist team meetings in addition to practice guidelines meetings held every other week for all ICU team members.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or in the outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We are looking for board-certified or board-eligible critical care physicians (MD or DO).
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound Medical Group practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Lufkin serves as a hub for regional retail shopping, medical facilities, industry, and government. A community of diverse cultures and ethnicities located in the beautiful Texas Forest Country with beautiful parks, open spaces, and numerous recreational activities. Lufkin is a short 1.5-hour drive from North Houston and 3 hours from Dallas.
To learn more please reach out to my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Sunkaru Touray, MD
Program Medical Director, Sound Critical Care