Intensivist with Teaching Opportunity
Intensivist Opportunity at Teaching Hospital in Brooklyn, New York
Sound Critical Care is expanding our team in New York and we are looking to add a dedicated Critical Care physician to our team in Brooklyn, New York at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center. As part of our Intensivist team at WHMC, you will play a pivotal role in delivering the highest level of care with the support of a well-established medical team in the heart of this vibrant community
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, located in the wonderfully diverse community of Brooklyn, has been serving its community for more than 130 years. Dedicated to the delivery of high-quality healthcare, in the community, WHMC continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of their patients. This teaching hospital proudly trains the next generation of healthcare providers through multiple residency and training programs focused on improving care and elevating the standard of patient care.
- 350-bed teaching hospital with multiple residency training programs
- Medical/surgical ICU
- Team of 4 intensivists
- No call environment
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Compensation: $430,000-$520,000+/year based on shift distribution and total shifts worked.
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine with 3+ years of practicing critical care experience
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking, and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location and Lifestyle
Brooklyn is one of New York City’s five boroughs and is a melting pot of cultures, ideas, and experiences. From the iconic Coney Island Boardwalk to the artistic enclave of DUMBO, Brooklyn offers something for everyone. Steeped in history and home to world-class museums and exciting culinary offerings, this bustling culture center will continually surprise you.
Join A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization that focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.