Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Critical Care is a physician-established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
The Team – The Hospital
We have partnered with West Tennessee Healthcare to build a world-class critical care program at Jackson-Madison County General Hospital in Jackson, TN, and are actively seeking experienced Intensivists to join.
JMCGH is a non-profit, 642-bed, tertiary care center, and is the only tertiary care center between Memphis and Nashville, serving a 20-county area of West Tennessee. Within the hospital, there exist six ‘centers of excellence’: the West Tennessee Heart and Vascular Center, Kirkland Cancer Center, West Tennessee Women’s Center, West Tennessee Neuroscience and Spine Center, and Emergency Services.
- 29-bed SICU, 12-bed MICU, and 18-bed CCU
- 3 intensivists 7am-7pm; 1 Intensivist 7pm-7am (no call)
- Intensivists will see the sickest patients in the SICU, MICU, and CCU
- High acuity ICU with advanced Cardiac: Impella, IABP, ECMO, proning for ARDS, SLED, SCUF
- Teaching hospital with residents
- Hourly compensation exceeds 90th% of MGMA including substantial sign-on & relocation package
- Robust benefits package: Up to $90,000 in loan assistance, 403b, health insurance, CME, and much more!
Awards and Recognitions
- The region’s only certified comprehensive cancer center
- The only open-heart surgery program in rural West Tennessee
- Fully accredited by The Joint Commission and the region’s only Joint Commission-certified stroke center
- Received the “Platinum Performance Achievement Award” from the American College of Cardiology for treating heart attack patients to the highest standard of care
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- H1B and J1 eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Jackson, Tennessee, voted America’s Most Liveable Small City, has convenient access to Memphis and Nashville. Home to a friendly community and low cost of living, Jackson boasts many local attractions including a symphony orchestra, cultural arts, athletic clubs, professional sports, camping, hunting, fishing, and golf. Ranked 6th in 2017 as the Best Cost of Living Metropolitan Area in the Country, Jackson makes a great place to call home.