Challenge the Status Quo and Transform Critical Care
Sound Critical Care is a physician-established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Full-Time Intensivist Opportunity in Austin, TX!
The ideal candidate will rotate across our St David’s ICU programs at St David’s Medical Center, St David’s Round Rock Medical Center, and St David’s North Austin Medical Center. Those with ECMO experience may work at Heart Hospital of Austin as well.
St David’s Medical Center (Main Campus):
Centrally located at 32nd Street & IH-35, St. David’s Medical Center offers a comprehensive stroke center, certified Chest Pain Center, a 24-hour Emergency Department, and leading-edge care in women’s services, neurosciences, cardiovascular services, orthopedics, and rehabilitation.
- 24 bed medical/surgical ICU & 16 bed Neurocritical Care Unit
- 2 Intensivists during the day with night APP coverage. Intensivist takes night call from home every 3rd shift, backing up the APP who covers the ICU in-house overnight. Night call is extremely light and we rarely physically come back overnight.
- Neurosurgery and neurovascular referral center
- Affiliated with Texas A & M medical school
- St. David’s Medical Center is the only hospital in Texas to receive straight “A” ratings since The Leapfrog Group launched the Hospital Safety ScoreSM initiative
- Official healthcare partner of Austin FC, the city’s first major league sports team
St David’s North Austin Medical Center:
North Austin Med Center has provided comprehensive medical services since 1995. The campus is home to the St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas (includes a Level III NICU), Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, Certified Stroke Center and rehabilitation services, and Kidney Transplant Center.
- 24 bed ICU including medical, surgical, neuro, and cardiac surgery
- ADC: 12-14
- 1 Intensivist from 7a-7p, 1 APP from 7p-7a. Intensivists from RRMC & NAMC alternate being on night call to the APP’s. The night call is very light, On average the Intensivists physically comes back into the hospital overnight once every 6 weeks
- MDR’s: 10am
St David’s Round Rock Medical Center:
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center provides comprehensive health care to residents of Williamson and surrounding counties. As a leader in the region, St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center provides leading-edge care in Cardiac Services, Emergency & Trauma, Surgical Services, Orthopedics & Joint Replacement, St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute and Rehabilitation.
- 22 bed ICU including medical, surgical, cardiac surgery, and trauma
- ADC: 12-14
- Roughly 25% of patients in ICU at any given time are cardiac patients.
- 1 Intensivist from 7a-7p, 1 APP from 7p-7a. Intensivists from RRMC & NAMC alternate being on night call to the APP’s.
- Phenomenal nursing staff: 50% of nursing staff are CCRN
- Excellent Trauma Surgery team. Intensivists will work with Trauma to manage ICU patients
- RRMC, SDMC, and NAMC recognized with 2021 Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for their commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO; Must be board certified or eligible in critical care and possess an active Texas medical license
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Named the Live Music Capital of the World, Austin has a plethora of music venues and local bands to entertain endless crowds. The metro area is home to banner music festivals like Austin City Limits, a two-weekend-long fall event featuring major headliners and lesser-known acts, as well as South by Southwest. Those who are looking for a great dining experience will enjoy Austin’s bustling culinary scene, featuring an endless array of BBQ and food trucks, as well as fine dining restaurants. Outdoor amenities are endless – spend the day on Town Lake, or cool off Located inside off at Barton Springs is a natural pool fed by underwater springs.