Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Critical Care is a physician-established and led group that partners with community hospitals to manage and improve ICUs nationwide. We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
The Team – The Hospital
Christus St. Michael’s is a non-profit hospital with a full scope of health services, serving the four-state region of Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. The hospital is a Level III trauma center, Primary Stroke Center, and is affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic’s Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart and Vascular Institute. They have also been accredited by the Joint Commission, recognized as a NICHE hospital, and are Magnet recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 312-bed hospital
- 32 bed ICU; medical, surgical, and cardiovascular
- Team of 2 intensivists and 2 advanced practitioners
- Schedule: Block shift – 4-5 days
- Full & part-time opportunities available
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Texarkana is a unique city split between Texarkana, Texas and Texarkana, Arkansas. With an MSA of 143,400, residents enjoy a low cost of living and no state income tax in Texas as well as Arkansans living within the city limits.
- Abundant woodlands and area lakes are enjoyed year-round affording opportunities for hunting, fishing, and boating
- Larger metro areas such as Dallas and Little Rock are just a few hours away