The Team – The Hospital
AdventHealth Tampa, formerly Florida Hospital Tampa, proudly serves the Tampa Bay and Hillsborough County area with world-class care and continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of their patients. Focusing on providing care to the whole person, the team at AdventHealth Tampa delivers high-end care with the support of numerous subspecialists and centers of excellence. The Pepin Heart Institute specializes in innovative care, including robot-assisted surgeries and catheter-based pumps, and is home to the Dr. Kiran C Patel Research Institute. Also home to the Florida Hospital Tampa Brian & Spine Institute, AdventHealth Tampa brings state-of-the-art advances in neurological, neurovascular, and neurosurgical treatment to the Tampa Bay area.
This fall, the hospital opened the Taneja Center for Surgery, adding 96 new private patient rooms (including 24 ICU beds) and 18 state-of-the-art operating rooms. We are excited for our continued partnership with AdventHealth Tampa and the opportunity to expand our Intensivist team.
- 536-bed, level II trauma facility, and comprehensive stroke center
- 52 bed ICU – providing care to medical, surgical, neuro, and CVICU/CTICU
- Team of 10 full-time intensivists and 3 advanced practitioners
- Modified block schedule
- Part-time option available
AdventHealth Tampa is part of the larger AdventHealth family, a national leader in health care with more than 80,000 healthcare professionals in 130 facilities in nine states. AdventHealth Tampa continues to set the standard for care in the Tampa Bay area and beyond. Achieving its third consecutive A grade from the Leapfrog Group in 2019, the hospital proves its dedication to patient safety and outcomes.
Education, Training & Experience Required
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- MD or DO; Board-certified or board eligible in critical care medicine with 3+ years of experience required
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the welcoming Tampa suburbs and across the street from the University of South Florida, AdventHealth Tampa is ideally situated and offers easy access to the bay and areas inland.
- Excellent cost of living (no state income tax!)
- More than 30 beautiful beaches – average weather from 70-90 degrees
- Professional soccer, baseball, football, and hockey teams
- Local international airport