Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
Dignity Health’s St. Rose Dominican – Siena Campus was built in 2000 to help serve the growing healthcare needs of the Henderson and Las Vegas community. The Siena Campus is consistently recognized for its quality care as well as its innovative design. Named by Healthcare Business & Technology as the eighth most beautiful hospital in the world and awarded the 2020 Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, Siena provides unparalleled health care services in a beautiful environment. The hospital was also recognized as a High Performing Hospital for 2021-22 by U.S. News & World Report.
- 326-bed, non profit, community hospital; First hospital in Nevada to acheive accreditation as Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery (2021)
- Team of 6 physicians and 6 advanced practitioners
- Closed ICU; 30 bed med/surg ICU & 20 bed CVICU that is ECMO capable
- High acuity, community hospital in partnership with Stanford Clinic’s cardiovascular and thoracic surgery program
- Internal & family medicine residencies starting in 2023
This facility offers a cutting-edge integrated care program with Sound managing the hospitalist and critical care services. With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the ICU to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between the critical care and hospital medicine teams is imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs, improve clinical performance and patient experience.
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO with active Nevada license; must be BC/BE in critical care medicine
- Internal medicine residency training is preferred but not required
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking, and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- H1B eligible facility; Access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; All required filing fees are paid and services covered
Location & Lifestyle
Located in the Mojave Desert, Henderson is considered premier residential community minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, the engineering marvel of the Hoover Dam, and the tranquil beauty of Lake Mead. The city of Henderson offers an oasis retreat with award-winning, master-planned communities and numerous housing options, Henderson provides an abundance of cultural events, special attractions, miles of trails and open spaces, and outstanding recreational facilities as well as renowned resorts, restaurants, and shopping.
- Las Vegas has one of the best international airports in the US
- Low-cost living, housing, and no state income tax
- Endless entertainment and dining options and close proximity to California, Arizona, and Utah
- Unique outdoor adventures include Red Rock Canyon, Mount Charleston, Lake Mead, Valley of Fire State Park, and the National parks of Utah and California within a short drive or flight