ICU Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Oakland, CA
ICU Acute Care Advanced Practitioner Opportunity in Oakland, California
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center provides care to patients in the medical and cardiothoracic ICUs with one to two physicians and one APP working collaboratively during the 12-hour day shift. Advanced Practice Providers generally cover 6-8 patients and assist with new admissions. APPs are primary on all of their patients
- Our group holds the sole contract for the ICU at both our Berkeley and Oakland campuses and as such our providers are involved with numerous work groups including Sutter-wide critical care clinical improvement committee, ICU subject matter expert group, code blue committee, pulmonary embolism review committee, ICU celebration of life committee and more
- We can perform all procedures for our primary patients. The on-call physicians are open to offering training if there are new procedures that we are hoping to gain experience with. There is also a 24-hour interventional radiology team to help with procedures
- We work together to make a monthly schedule that we can all agree upon
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- $158,400 annual clinical salary based on an average of 10 day shifts per month (12 hr shifts)
Requirements for the role
- Demonstrate ability to Independently assess, examine, and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license (NP/PA); ACNP or PA ICU experience required
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound Medical Group practices, where we aim to help teammates expand their careers locally as well as within the broader medical group.
- We are a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.