Family Medicine Hospitalist – Stockton, CA
To prospective teammates,
I’m the Associate Chief Medical Officer for Sound’s hospital medicine program at St. Joseph Medical Center in Stockton, CA. I have been a part of Sound for three years and proudly welcome interest from physicians with experience leading a hospitalist team to help us thrive in Stockton. I’d like to share more about our opportunity, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider your next steps:
- We are a closely-knit, established team of 24 physicians with the support of a clinical performance nurse.
- Our team comprises clinicians from diverse geographic, educational, and training backgrounds who lean on and learn from each other in their approach to patient care.
- We encourage our team to participate in hospital committees and the community.
- We proudly sponsor H1B and J1 visa candidates, and Sound has excellent in-house visa specialists and our licensing and credentialing experts. All required filing fees for the visa are paid, and services are covered by Sound.
- We work in an open ICU setting with 24/7 intensivist coverage. Our team is not required to do procedures.
- For those who like to teach, we work with family medicine and internal medicine residents. Our current opening is to fill the need of the family medicine teaching service and eligible candidates for this position will be Family Medicine board certified or board eligible with the expectation of obtaining certification.
- Our hospital was recognized by Forbes in 2022 as one of the Top 100 Hospitals and one of the Top 25 Teaching Hospitals in the nation.
- We gather frequently for lunch and monthly for team meetings.
- Most of us like to spend time with our families or outdoors, so a flexible schedule is available, and we cover for each other when we’re out.
- Expected annual compensation for this role is $320K-330K.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
Stockton, CA, offers a diverse and vibrant community with a rich cultural scene, including festivals, events, and local attractions. Additionally, its central location in the state provides easy access to urban amenities and natural wonders, making it an appealing choice for those seeking a well-rounded living experience.
To learn more, please get in touch with my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Dr. Pam Grewall, Associate Chief Medical Officer, Sound Physicians